This Canon L-series telephoto lens has advanced optical engineering and is perfect for portrait photographers looking to capture expressions and details. Its large aperture performs very well in low light conditions and it has a durable construction for all-weather use. With 4-stop image stabilisation as well as high-speed precision AF, this lens demands a closer look.
Key Features: Canon EF 85mm F1.4L IS USM Lens
- Advanced optical design provides exceptional image quality
- Large, bright aperture for a focused performance in all light levels
- Smooth and precise 4-stop image stabilisation
- Responsive, high-speed and precise AF for rapid focusing agility
- Durable construction and excellent weather resistance
This fast portrait lens uses Canon’s latest lens technology to deliver clear, sharp images that are full of contrast and colour with razor-sharp detail right across the image. Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to supress internal ghosting and flare, allowing you to use the lens in any conditions.
Built with the needs of the creative photographer in mind, this lens features a fast aperture of f/1.4 to allow precise focusing and faster shutter speeds even in low light. The shallow depth-of-field afforded by a wide maximum aperture produces pleasing bokeh, giving depth to portraits when framed carefully.
Challenging light can make or break a good picture. This lens’s 4-stops of image stabilisation will help negate camera shake and give photographers an added advantage just when they need it most. For videographers looking to capture footage on the first take, the Image Stabilizer allows for remarkably steady filming.
Capturing a portrait requires fast reactions. Thanks to the latest AF technology, this lens has been designed to react quickly and accurately, allowing near-silent focusing. Clear focus markings and full AF compatibility with all EOS systems make this lens the perfect companion for photographers and filmmakers.
This L-series lens is designed to give high levels of performance in all conditions and in all weathers. Fluorine coatings on the front and rear lens elements help to protect against dust and moisture ingress while a shock-absorbing front casing means the lens is reliable and durable, even for the most demanding of professionals.
- Optical Features/Specifications:
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 24º, 16º, 28º, 30°
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 14/10
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: 22
- Closest focussing distance (m): 0.85
- Maximum magnification (x): 0.12
- Distance Information: Yes
- Image stabilizer: 4 Stops
- AF actuator: Ring USM4
- Physical Specifications:
- Dust/moisture resistance: Yes
- Filter diameter (mm): 77
- Max. diameter x length (mm): 88.6 x 105.4
- Weight (g): 950