The Nikon 28mm f1.4E ED Nikkor Lens allows you to render subjects sharply, even when shooting at the widest aperture of f/1.4. High-contrast images of distant subjects or low-light scenes can be obtained without needing to stop down the aperture. A minimum focus distance of just 0.28 m offers additional versatility.
Events, weddings, portraits, cityscapes, or landscapes – the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.4E ED excels when you want the flexibility to work with available light.
Expect clear, high-resolution images even in backlit situations. Benefit from edge-to-edge sharpness with minimal distortion.
Point light sources are reproduced as fine rounded points, even at the periphery of the image. Bokeh is exquisite.
Ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocus performance. Smooth and precise manual focusing.
Robust dust- and drip-resistant build for reliable shooting in challenging weather conditions.
- Format: FX
- Focal length: 28 mm
- Maximum aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (including 2 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat or fluorine coat)
- Angle of view: 75° (FX), 53° (DX)
- Minimum focus distance: 0.28 m ( 0.92 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.17x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 ( rounded diaphragm opening )
- Filter-attachment size: 77 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions: Approx. 83 mm maximum diameter x 100.5 mm
- Weight: Approx. 645 g ( 1 lb 6.8 oz)
- Autofocus: Yes
- Focusing: Rear Focusing (RF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus