The Sony FE 100mm f2.8 STF GM OSS Lens joins Sony’s G Master series of professional full-frame lenses with a bright f/2.8 aperture, Optical Steady Shot image stabilisation, a built-in macro mode, and support for both contrast AF and phase detection AF. Dust-and moisture-resistant, this mid-telephoto prime features a newly designed 11-bladed aperture and a unique optical apodization lens element to deliver exceptionally soft, smooth bokeh. It is ideal for close-ups, portrait, fashion, nature, and weddings.
Key Features: Sony FE 100mm f2.8 G Master Lens
- For Sony E-mount compact system cameras
- Mid-telephoto, full-frame prime lens with bright f/2.8 aperture
- Perfect for the portrait, fashion, nature or wedding photographer
- Newly designed 11-bladed aperture with optical apodization lens element ensures beautiful bokeh
- Supports contrast AF and focal-plane phase detection AF
- Super Sonic Motor (SSM) provides quiet, fast, accurate AF performance
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation keeps things smooth and blur-free
- Built-in macro switching ring (0.25x close-up capabilities)
- Adds to Sony's professional G Master range
Built for the most beautiful bokeh imaginable
Everything about this lens has been designed and refined to produce the smoothest, deepest, lushest bokeh imaginable. The optical design including a new apodization (APD) element and 11-blade aperture deliver breathtakingly soft, smooth bokeh that ideally sets off in-focus subjects without peripheral highlight distortion due to vignetting, while high G Master resolution is maintained right out to the image edges. Up to 0.25x magnification enables stunning close-ups.
Precise autofocus and smooth control
A DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system provides fast, precise, quiet autofocus for stills and movies, while built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization makes it possible to achieve maximum subject sharpness at lower shutter speeds. Other features include an aperture ring, switchable aperture ring click stops, a focus hold button, an AF/MF select switch, a wide focus ring, and a dust and moisture resistant design*. *Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
Optical apodization delivers refined bokeh
An APD element is similar to a neutral density filter that gradually increases in density towards the perimeter with a correspondingly graduated decrease in light transmission. Its effect is that areas both in front of and behind the plane of focus transition into uniquely soft bokeh.